Once upon a time there was an award and I answered some questions The End… I want to thank Takuto’s Anime Cafe, ChibiMajo, Something About Lynlyn, Marvellously Mismatched, The Animeted Critics and Nikki no Otaku for the nomination. I really appreciate it that you all think I have a really clean blog, I strive myself for cleanlines… What? Oh, they meant neat as in cool. Well, I guess that’s good too.
Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo in your Blog
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, liking their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog)
- Ask the bloggers 7 new questions
Takuto’s Anime Cafe Questions:
1. Are you absolutely content with your blog? Do you plan to add any new segments or features soon?
I feel I have added too many segments that I do not use, so for now it may be just the way it is. But, I have plans for there to be an new anime related segment in the coming months.
2. Have you ever considered creating a YouTube channel?
Somewhat, it has always just been a passing thought. I have always been more interested in making a movie review podcast with my friends. I was thinking that if I ever did a Patreon one of the goals would be a podcast so I could buy the equipment and software needed.
3. Do you find yourself reading more manga, playing more games, or watching more anime?
I find that I read A LOT of manga. Everyday I read manga, that may be because some of the manga that I read are released daily or it is because I am always looking for something interesting to read.
4. What is the first anime that you recommend to a new person, considering that they are cool with any genre and episode length?
I find that a lot of people introduce their friends using Attack on Titan because of it’s action and how it defies the stereotype of what people may normally think anime is. However, if they were okay with any genre, I would use Black Lagoon. I say this because it feels more like an american show that and anime which I find allows people to generally like it more than other anime.
5. Do you prefer to buy anime limited or standard edition, if any?
Depending on the price I will try and go for the Limited edition because I love those added extras. That being said when an anime comes out and is only released in a premium set, for a higher than average price, I will reluctantly purchase it.
6. Borrowing this one from JekoJeko, which show do you wish your life was more like?
I wish my show was more like Gintama. To be able to exist in that world feels like it would never be boring.
7. What is one anime that you will defend to your death, if any, regardless of its understandable flaws?
I will always defend Law of Ueki. I found it to be such a refreshing Shounen fight series and thought that it was really creative. Some of my friends hate it, but I think that it is a great series.
1. How long have you been watching anime for?
Ummm, well I have watched Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z since I was a kid, so all my life. If you mean since I was aware it was anime, then maybe 10+ years.
2. Best anime you’ve seen this year so far?
I think I would choose Ore Monogatari for anime that have come out this year. I really like the dynamic and enjoy every member of the cast.
3. Which anime character do you relate to the most?
I believe Gintoki because he is a lazy man, but when you need him he is there.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, my first blog’s title was TV Ate My Life, so I wanted a blog with a similar name to it. So one afternoon I brainstormed and I believe I chose a pretty generic name in terms of movie blogs. I like my old blogs name, so if I ever decided to change the name of the blog it would probably be that.
5. How long have you been blogging for?
I started in high school for an assignment, but stopped for about two years. Then I resumed doing a blog in College as a way to pass time during boring lectures. So it has been a year since I resumed blogging.
6. Anime you highly recommend?
Well if you want the answer to that check my Top 30 Anime for the answer to that. If you want one that I really like that I feel is underappreciated it is Martian Successor Nadesico.
7. RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF!
I’M A GODDAMN EAGLE!
Just Something About Lynlyn’s Question:
1. If you weren’t blogging as a hobby, what would you be doing instead?
I would probably be reading manga, watching anime or playing video games just without the critics mindset… so having a more enjoyable time.
2. How would you define a “real neat blog”?
A very tidy blog.
3. If we live during a zombie apocalypse and you could have any superpower/ weapon from an anime, what would it be and why?
Wolfwood’s Gun Cross from Trigun because I would be able to mow so much down with that.
4. If you could go on a date with any anime character who would it be and why?
Belldandy because she is an extremely nice person and it seems that the date would be an overall good time.
5. If you could live in any anime world/setting, what place would it be and why?
No Game No Life because everything is solved by how good you are at games, so I wouldn’t be a king, maybe a duke.
6. What are your top five anime?
Well if you want the answer to that check my Top 30 Anime for the answer to that.
7. I’m gonna take one of MirrorPurple’s questions because I think it is a good one. Do you want to experience a romance from an anime?
The romance from Ore Monogatari would be nice, but I haven’t really given this much thought.
Marvellously Mismatched’s Questions:
1. If you could hang out with one anime character for year who would it be and why?
I think I would hang out with Luffy. I think his free spirit, positivity and aspirations for a great goal would be a good inspiration for myself.
2. What anime would you love to see remade or touched up?
I don’t really have one in particular because Dragon Ball Z was already remade and touched up in Dragon Ball Kai. So I am pretty good.
3. What anime food would you die for?
Bone Meat… Nough said.
4. If you weren’t into anime what would you be into?
I would probably be more into comic books and Superhero series because I like them already, so if anime wasn’t in the way I would probably be more into it.
5. Which anime character would you marry if you could and why?
I guess Belldandy. I don’t really think about that when watching a series.
6. What anime character from what anime made a difference to you? How did this character affect you?
I think Vash from Trigun because he is a man that stuck to his beliefs no matter the cost. He paid the price, but he stuck to what he believed and that is a very noble thing.
7. What anime character would you get in deep trouble with and why? What would you do to earn the anger of everybody or get yourselves in a situation you can’t see yourselves getting out of?
Gintoki because he is lazy and reckless and the shit he gets to on his own or with Kagura and Shinpachi is already hectic, so adding more person would destroy the world. I did my math on that right, right? Yep destroy the world. We would probably destroy the world in the process of getting the next volume of Shonen Jump.
The Animeted Critics Questions:
1. Do you prefer manga, anime or LN?
Even though I do not talk about it much on the site Manga, because it is more consumable than anime allowing me to experience the story faster and it is more fun to read.
2. What is your favorite food?
Pasta, I love making pasta and making different flavours within the sauce.
3. Favorite movie(s)?
Right now it is Oldboy, the Korean version. It is a disturbing movie and the end just throws you for a surprise.
4. Would you rather vacation in the mountains, beach or another city?
Another city, I spent my summers in the country so it is nothing new to me. I think it is always interesting to see what different cities have to offer.
5. What is your dream job?
I want to be a Kindergarten Teacher, children are so much fun to hang out with and to have that for my hjob would just make everyday fun.
6. List your top 5 anime/manga.
If you want the answer to that check my Top 30 Anime for the answer to that.
7. What anime/manga/LN author/artist would you want to meet and why?
I would love to meet Akira Toriyama, that is a real average answer, but it would be so cool to meet the man who created something that had a large impact on my life. Also Crispin Freeman because he is an awesome voice actor and I think it would be cool to chat with him.
Nikki no Otaku’s Questions:
1. If you could be an anime character for a while, which universe would you like to be a part of? (Note: you don’t have to be an existing anime character, you can be yourself just..anime character instead of human being). Feel free to choose as many as you like, but please explain why you chose them – I’m curious, as usual.
I would like to be in Gintama because of the interesting mix between Japanese culture and alien culture. It would be really interesting to experience not just older Japanese culture, but the thousands of other alien cultures and how they may have influenced Japan’s culture.
2. What’s your favourite genre (of anime/films/books etc) and why?
I would say thriller because it keeps entertained and is always throwing something at you that makes you ask questions about the movie and where it may be going.
3. Do you have a favourite mythical creature? If so, what is it?
A Griffin because it is an eagle and a lion combine so… It is automatically the most patriotic flying killing machine around.
4. If you were to be any of these, would you choose to be the writer, the mangaka, or the game developer? Or all of them? Why? Why not?
Mangaka because I find comics and manga to be a more interesting medium and would love to write present a story of my own how I would have envisioned it.
5. If you could (i.e., if it was accessible), would you travel to the outer space? Where exactly and why?
Yes, I would travel anywhere it doesn’t matter I would be in space. That is a whole new world to experience and would just be amazing to see.
6. What are some things which upset you the most? (e.g., I can’t stand and as such, fight animal testing, amongst others)
Animal Cruelty, poor parenting and homelessness just make me feel upset because I can cause no real change in those issues only small deeds that may eventually help a larger cause.
7. What are you most likely to do when you’re angry or stressed?
8. Read (at least) this article by Blair (2008): The Cognitive Neuroscience of Psychopathy and Implications for Judgements of Responsibility and, using solid evidence, back up your stand on whether Johan Liebert (Monster) and Makishima Shougo (Psycho-Pass) could be considered psychopaths. What measures would you take in order to help them? (I’m hoping you won’t go for highly unethical stuff such as the capital punishment, although I wouldn’t be surprised even if you did).
As described in the article by R.J.R. Blair, psychopathy is described as a developmental disorder associated with specific forms of emotional dysfunction and an increased risk of frustration-based reactive aggression and goal-directed instrumental antisocial behaviour. In regards to the two subjects in question, Johan Liebert and Makishima Shougo, they both exhibit signs of Psychopathy. In the show Psycho Pass Kogami is quoted as saying that Makishima Shougo had most likely faced hardships in the early stages of his life and because of that his Psycho Pass remained pure. Comparing this comment, Makishima Shougos’ actions and the definition of Pychopatchy shows a high likely-hood that he has psychopathy. This can also be said for Johan Liebert, in the show Monster, at an early age Johan is brought to cult and worshipped for his attitudes and behaviours, this is through his manipulations. With the murders he has witnessed and caused at his young age it is simple to diagnose him with Psychopathy. As for punishment, there is always the option of rehabilitation, this may benefit them, but in all likely-hood it is highly unlikely that they will change. I guess that life imprisonment is the only safe option for society.
9. With these in mind, do you think Light Yagami (Death Note) can be called a psychopath? Why? Why not? As usual, use solid empirical evidence to back up your answer.
In the case of Light Yagami he does not fit the profile of someone with Psychopathy, because his overall life was ordinary until he acquired a power larger than himself, this power corrupted him and changed his viewpoint of the world. He exhibits signs of emotional dysfunction through his reduced guild and empathy, but does not exhibit antisocial behaviour. He does not have a largely reduced attachment to significant others, he still cares for his family in some way, though at a reduced capacity. The counter argument to this is his fiance Misa, but he had never cared for her at all, and is just manipulating her. I think he has psychopathy, but not the traditional case as shown through the document provided.
But really who am I to say anything about questions 8 and 9 I am not a psychologist.
My Questions to YOU!
1. What is your favourite thing to watch?
2. What is your favourite board game?
3. What show or movie are you looking forward to the near future?
4. What got you into whatever you blog about?
5. What got you into blogging?
6. Recommend me some songs.
7. Who is the Renegade who had it made?
Thank you very much for reading and thank you very much to everyone who nominated me. I really appreciate and I hope to get more of these awards soon. Not really soon because I just did like 8 of them, but I still appreciate every single award I get. Thank you.