Oh, shit, this thing moves around like the plague once you have it, it seems to come back to you without fail. I’m not joking I was originally nominated by Keattle, LitaKino and ChibiMajo. I in turn nominated a couple people including nikkinootaku. She nominated Cally the Cat who nominated me… Just a circle.
I’m not even sure that who to pick this time around, without double picking people. Well without further ado, here are my answers to Animated, Cally the Cat and Anime Reviewer Girl‘s Sunshine Award nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
1. What do you look for in a good anime/manga?
I don’t really look for anything in particular for a manga or anime. I normally just read the description and if I find it interesting I will give it a shot. Then I will watch the show till the end or till the show loses me.
2. If you could choose any item from an anime/manga world and have it in real life, what would it be?
My friends and I have this discussion a lot, but it is always difficult to pick. It usually revolves around what I am reading or watching at the time in general. But, if I could pick I would probably pick Wolfwood Cross Gun from Trigun.
3. What is your favorite time to watch anime or read manga? Favorite watch/read snack?
Whenever I get the chance, sometimes I read at school or after work. My favourite snack to read with is something handheld I guess. I don’t like to eat while I read, the same goes for anime with subtitles, I won’t eat while watching it. Dubbed anime, I’ll be eating whatever I make, usually pasta.
4. How do you feel anime/manga helps you with becoming a better blogger?
There is a large variety of anime and manga to read and because of blogging I have an more personal and professional reason to read and watch more than I would have. This is more seen in the Seasonal Anime Attempts because I have more of a reason to give shows that I normally would not have watched a chance in order to talk about it on my blog.
5. What is the greatest lesson you’ve learned from watching anime or reading manga?
The greatest lesson I learned from anime is that if you have really good friends you can rely on them through thick and thin. I guess it showed me to trust people more than I normally would have. I group up with the understanding that you can only completely trust your family, even if you get along with someone they are still not blood. But I have a friend that I consider a brother and I know if I ever desperately needed help he would be there for me. Oh and I guess ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
Cally the Cat’s Questions:
1. When watching anime what is your favourite snack to eat?
Something handheld that I could eat without taking my eyes of the screen.
2. What anime do you dislike the most and briefly explain why
I disliked Samurai Flamenco because of its nonsensical plot and satirization of of the Shounen Fight genre. I think I am being too mean on it and it deserves a second chance, but it really bugged me during the original viewing.
3. If you could have one pet/creature from any anime which would it be? (Try to avoid pokemon though. That’s too easy :p)
I’m going to pick Chariza… Screw you. I think I would pick a Chocobo, because if you breed it right it can run on water.
4. Who is your favourite writer/author/creator and why? This can be from any medium.
Mamoru Hosoda. His stories are so wholesome and they touch you on a personal level, while taking you through a fantastical journey. It is a mixture of both entertainment and human values which can be hard to pull off.
5. What anime character do you think you would get along with the best?
I think I would get along well with Gintoki from Gintama. Because he is so relaxed and I think everyday would be an adventure.
6. How come the food in anime always looks better than anything you’ll see in real life?
Because we don’t Ani-Meat. If we did the world would change.
7. Favourite soundtrack? Can be from anime, films, tv, games etc.
I really enjoy the soundtrack to the Hayao Miyazaki movies. Even though I have only watched one of his movies, I think they are really good. In fact the only soundtrack CD I own is a compilation of music from several Hayao Miyazaki movies.
Anime Reviewer Girl’s Questions:
1. Is there an anime you wish didn’t exist?
I think that my answer may be Eureka Seven AO. I think it is a decent series, but if you think of it as a sequel to Eureka Seven then it just disappoints me. I wish it was more to the original series then it was.
2. What anime character do you think would be your rival?
It would definitely be someone, I’m not sure, I never really thought about it. If I had to pick someone maybe Goku, so I could use him to better myself, but I am not sure.
3. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I have always wanted the ability to attract and repel anything. I always thought this this was an interesting power. It didn’t say it like magnetism because that can be limited, but the way it is written it has a large versatility. Like repelling the sky and earth would allow you to fly.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Oldboy, the Korean version. It is such a twisted story with such a surprising ending. My friends and I watched it and were just shocked and have loved it ever since.
5. Dub or Sub?
It depends on what I watched first. I am more likely to like the voice of the character that I originally heard. For example it is difficult for me to listen to the English voice of Luffy and the Japanese voice of Goku. That being said, if I own the series I may switch to enjoying the English track because I am lazy.
6. Read or write?
Both I guess, I read a lot of manga and I am writing a blog so I assume it is both.
7. Who is your current anime crush?
I don’t really have one, they are just character to me so I don’t think of them in that way. But if I had to choose Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess.
8. What is your favorite Dessert?
Ice Cream, the flavour depends on the day.
Now onto my Questions for YOU!
1. What anime made you weep tear of sadness or joy? Whatever comes to mind.
2. What anime or manga do you rereading or rewatching?
3. What is your favourite series of anything? It could be a series of geometric cats for all I care.
4. What got you into blogging?
5. Can you feel it coming in the air tonight?